Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yoga, salad, and hair straigtener

Okay so today was a day of self-discovery.  I have felt the itch to try Yoga for a while now, but haven't.  Some part of me thought, "Well, it isn't Christian and what if I get tainted?"  Today, I tried it anyway.  The lady we are staying with has some beginner Yoga dvd's so I thought, "I am going to try this and just see how it feels."  It was awesome!  Let me explain:


There I was...the picture of relaxation...and it felt wonderful.  I didn't know my body could feel so good!  I was doing things that seemed so simple, yet I was sweating and breathing hard and my body was saying, "Thank you!"  I know and LOVE my Jesus.  I know He is my power and strength.  Although there may be some negative connotations involved with some Yoga practices, I think my body is going to enjoy it thoroughly.  Besides, I would not give up my Jesus for some Hindu "god".  Too bad there isn't a Christian Yoga or something.  Maybe there is.  I'll have to check it out.


All I know is that walking isn't a certain religion.  Aerobics isn't either.  Why should Yoga be a problem?  It felt great and my body thanked me for it.


I felt so good afterwards that when we went out to dinner, I ate salad and soup.  We went to a wonderful Italian place and I ate salad and soup!  That is something in and of itself!  It was delicious and I felt better by eating right.  


Oh and on a side note:  I discovered that a Hair Straightener is my friend.  I think it made me appear to have lost 10 pounds and that is good.  SO.....what does all of this have to do with God and weight loss?  Well, I felt in touch with my body for once.  Usually I feel very disconnected.  I was so in tune that I felt wonderful and I know that was a gift from God.  He is so good.  Thank you, Lord, for the great day!

1 comment: