Monday, August 30, 2010

Here I go again

So, here I am again.  My first blog, but not my first time trying to lose weight and gain health.  I figure it is a long road and only I can begin the journey.  I have to be the one to put my feet on the path and move them towards where God wants me to be.  Only I can't do this alone.  I have tried that often enough and failed.  Somehow I have to remember to hold onto my Savior's hand or I will fail.  


There is a story in the Bible where Peter walks out onto the water to reach his Savior, Jesus.  He is walking on water and doing just fine until he loses site of and faith in the One he is walking toward.  He begins to rely on self and not the power that Jesus supplies.  I suppose I would too, if there were waves all around me and fish beneath my feet. ha!  Who wouldn't?  This time on my journey, I am going to try my best to let Jesus teach me and stop trying to teach myself!


Currently, I don't even know for sure how much I weigh.  I know it is somewhere around 230 lbs.  For years I have longed to be at my after-4-kids-weight of 138, but now I just want to be under 200 and then go from there.  Later on I will share more of my story and how God has saved me from so much.  If it weren't for Him dragging me out of the gutters of life, I'd be dead or worse....living without Him.  So, for now I begin.  I hope this blog helps me to focus and helps someone else along the way.

1 comment: